One day, two valleys and great fun.

One day, two valleys and great fun.

Page Type Page Type: Album

A short version of our adventure :)

12 09 2012

Malin Valley & Seaca Costilei Valley

My partner: Andrei Done, a new nice friend :). I had a free week day, wednesday, so here we are in the train at 6 15 am :D. We started the day with such a beautiful sunrise and we

arrived in Busteni at 8 am :).  
Starting the day, a beautiful sunrise seen from train
 
Started with coffee and took the way to Costila Glade where we stopped for a fast
sandwich and some chocolate. From there we found the unmarked path that gets to Malin Valley. Took a rapel for getting into the valley, easy rocksteps on it but with such a beautiful views that made me happy. Soon we reached the small canion and Andrei told me that if we want to climb the wall and the corner of Malin we need to get out from there and try to find the path to the ledge that will take us at the bottom of the walls. Easy to say and hard to do it, of course with so many junipers we couldnt find a good way and we had a strong fight with it for about 3 hours hahahahaha. Tired and scratched everywhere we found something like a wall and Andrei sayed that he will climb it and if is nothing there we will go down. Ok but hey, take care it is so crumbly hmmmmmm... he started, I took the camera and....guess what.... he fall on me, happy that nothing bad happenend and something to laugh for a long time, yeah, guys fall on my head lol. My sun glasses and my camera was down, the camera didnt work for a while and my glasses big mistake I put it in my backpack and of course got damaged :)).He tried again on the other side this time, made something like an anchor and soon he screamed that he found the ledge... yey finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! In the time I was trying hard to climb up he told me to look down... wowwwwwww we where on a vertical wall with junipers, wow what a feeling, what a view, awesome, pitty I couldnt take a picture. Yep he found it but it was too late for rockclimbing and after some calls we choosed to descent on Seaca Costilei Valley. Here it starts the crazy day, 14 rapels on the most strange places, we didnt find any piton just one almost at the end of the valley and very old. At the last rockstep we were so lucky, cause Andrei had one piton with him and we could get out. Anyway I started to have that crazy laugh, I couldnt stop, I was joking a lot and made Andrei to laugh also, well thats the good spirit hahahaha. Took us forever on that valley and we get out in dark, calling at work to announce that I will not go next day :)). But hey is not finished, till we found the marked route it took us some time, then we found it, then we lost it, then we got into a glade (a nightmare in dark), we found another mark but not good for us, we started to plann a sleep in the sheep shelter, somehow we didnt find it even that we should (it should be in our way :))), we were lost for about 2 hours maybe more, then we found that damned yellow band but seems that the sheep shelter was busy and the dogs came after us, run fast, soon they left us alone, then the smell of the salami from my backpack drive me crazy (did I told you that we didnt ate nothing since morning in the glade? ) also I was thinking that all the bears will come after me... pfuaaa I was so afraid of bears brrrr....and finally we arrived near Gura Diham and Busteni. In time we found out that we dont have anything to Bucharest and we choose going to Brasov for a short nap at Andrei' friend Laura, thanks Laura :)!!!!! Also I thank to Andrei who choose to be the first to test the safety of the improvised rapels :D haha :D!!!!



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-9 of 9
yatsek

yatsek - Sep 17, 2012 6:36 am - Voted 10/10

What a day!

Thanks for sharing, especially for the lively (and lovely) TR.

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Sep 17, 2012 6:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: What a day!

Thanks a lot Jacek! Im not so great in writing ( not mention my perfect english), but I tried to resume an awesome day in a few words :))....

yatsek

yatsek - Sep 17, 2012 6:49 am - Voted 10/10

Re: What a day!

And you were successful.:D

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Sep 17, 2012 6:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: What a day!

:), happy that you liked it :)! I really like this kind of trips :). Thinking again to PC btw :D!!!!!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Sep 17, 2012 11:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: What a day!

What is PC .... does it mean "precious cannibals?"

Glad you didn't see a bear ... a bear could have been hiding
in the junipers and waiting to eat your bologna sandwich.

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Sep 18, 2012 3:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: What a day!

PC means Piatra Craiului :))... Bears in junipers no, but in the forest in our way back in dark yes, we had luck cause they are many in that area ;).

lcarreau

lcarreau - Sep 18, 2012 8:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: What a day!

Stone Mountains? Sorry, I should have already known ..

Popular misconception of American's traveling to Romania ...
there are vampires lurking in the forest after dark.

Yes, I think that most Romanians must be very lucky : - )) !!

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Sep 19, 2012 2:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: What a day!

sorry to disappoint them but the vampires are just a myth invented for that stupid movie Dracula hahahahha =))

lcarreau

lcarreau - Sep 19, 2012 4:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: What a day!

Actually, I thought it was a pretty good movie, especially the latest version starring Winona Ryder as Minna Harker.

I watch it once a year, during Halloween.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.