3021 Pro Tripod

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title 3021 Pro Tripod
Manufacturer Bogen
Page By GuitarWIzard
Page Type May 8, 2002 / May 8, 2002
Object ID 283
Hits 4762
Vote
Designed for the professional photographers, this is an extremely versatile tripod, ideal for small, medium format cameras, digital or conventional type. The tripod has an easily removed centre column that just as easily re-fits as a horizontal lateral arm. Not only does this allow the camera to be offset from leg position, it provides the simplest way possible to shoot from directly overhead, impossible to do with standard tripods.

Key features includes:

Four leg angle settings
Center column with an innovative three faced design
Double positioning vertical and horizontal center column
Low angle adapter built in the center column for ground level shots
Rapid action lever leg locks with just 45° run

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

GuitarWIzard - May 8, 2002 6:20 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Great tripod for transporting in the car. If you want to capture some awesome mountain photos from the trailhead, or a very short, flat walk in, a tripod is essential. Photographing mountains from distances can be just as rewarding as photographing from on the mountain itself. However, when the car is only 5 feet from you, it's much easier to carry all the photo gear you need. The 3021 Pro is a burly, fairly heavy duty tripod. You can definitely tell the difference immediately between this and the Wal-Mart Special. Has a built-in level, handy for getting your camera aligned, bombproof construction, and is solid. You don't think Ansel Adams took all those pictures handholding a camera, do you? :) Granted, he used a large format camera, but that's beside the point. Gotta get a good tripod, even if it's only for carrying in the car.....still lots of excellent photo ops of mountains if you're in the right place, and have the right equipment.

Michael Hoyt - Jun 6, 2007 3:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Good Heavy Tripod
My first tripod was the Bogen 3021. I still have and use it. Heavy? Yeah, it is. But it’s solid as hell. To make it lighter, I cut off most of the center post – I never use it ‘cause I’m short. But then I added a Kirk BH-1 Ball head (30 ounces). Go figure!

In the old days, when I was a bit younger, I did carry it on long hikes and climbs. No more. I have a lighter-weight for that. But when I have less than a mile or two to travel from the car, I use it almost every time.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2