80-200mm AT-X Pro Lens

 

80-200mm AT-X Pro Lens
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title 80-200mm AT-X Pro Lens
Manufacturer Tokina
Page By GuitarWIzard
Page Type May 6, 2002 / Jan 16, 2007
Object ID 275
Hits 4527
Vote
This is a model built to professional specifications and is based on the AT-X 828AF optical system. Tokina has utilized coating changes in the optical system and the unique floating element system separately focuses the first three and last two elements in the forward lens groups. This provides uniformly high image quality from infinity to close focus. The new exterior finish improves overall handling and durability. A focus clutch mechanism further assures top performance during auto and manual focusing.

To fit Minolta, Nikon-D, Pentax & Canon

Optical Construction: 17 Elements / 11 Groups
Diagonal Angle of View: 30°20'-12°20'
Closest Focus Distance from Film Plane: 1.8m (5.9ft)
Aperture Range: f/2.8-f/32
Filter Size: 77mm
Diameter: 84mm (3.3")
Length: 184mm (7.2")
Weight: 1,350g (47.2oz)
Lens Hood: MH774N

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

GuitarWIzard - May 6, 2002 1:09 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
One of my favorite lenses. A little on the heavy side, though. I wouldn't exactly lug this sucker up a mountain, however from the trailhead or for short/easy hikes where you need to add some compression to the shots, or simply need to pull the subject matter in closer, this is an excellent lens. It's very fast, as the aperture is a constant 2.8 throughout the zoom range. The zoom is very smooth, and is easy to focus manually. It comes with a metal tripod collar and holds very well. I don't really have any complaints about this lens....the photos are crisp and clear, and you can own a pro-level 80-200mm 2.8 lens for "only" $600 or so. Then again, you can always get a Nikon lens and pay a hell of a lot more.....I didn't like that idea either.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1