Alpine Stove CPS

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Alpine Stove CPS
Manufacturer Coleman
Page By Nikolas_A
Page Type Dec 30, 2003 / Dec 30, 2003
Object ID 951
Hits 5524
Vote
A great trekking stove for extreme conditions. Features separate cartridge for stability, windshield and collapsible legs. Operates off Coleman resealable cartridges 100, 250 or 500. Uses the Constant Power System to provide extra performance in low temperatures. CPS also helps maintain the power of the stove as the cartridge empties.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Nikolas_A - Dec 30, 2003 4:20 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
It used to be my favorite stove untill I saw the PocketRocket. Now I mostly lend it to friends and I'm thinking of selling it.

Pros: Bombproof. The construction is very sturdy and the center of gravity very low. Also both the base and the pan support (actually the same structure) are large and stable. It's packed size is reasonably small.

Cons: Heavy. Five times the weight of the PocketRocket.

It is better fitted to the multiday backpacker who wants the extra comfort than the weight concious mountaineer.

Nikolas_A - Mar 30, 2012 7:35 am - Voted 4/5

New lease of life
Having read this great article I dug out this old fella to test liquid feeding. It does have a preheat tube, so everything was good to go. It worked as it should, giving a better burn than before from the almost empty canister. Now I need to test in low temps...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2