Himalaya Multi Fuel Stove

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Himalaya Multi Fuel Stove
Manufacturer Primus
Page By Misha
Page Type Dec 15, 2003 / Dec 15, 2003
Object ID 935
Hits 12266
Vote
The ultimate expedition stove for unlimited use year round. The latest patented design from Primus is able to withstand the harshest conditions and runs on all fuel types, even those that are found in the most remote parts of the world. The MFS features a built in pre-heating system and has been tested at greater heights and at more extreme temperatures than any other stove.



Main Features:

  • Auto Ignition: No

  • Boil time: LP gas - 3.5 minutes (1 L. H2O). White gas - 3.5 minutes. Kerosene - 4.5 minutes.

  • Burn time: Depends on bottle size

  • Cleaning tool: Yes

  • Fuel bottle: No

  • Fuel Types: Anything liquid! White gas, gas, kerosene.

  • Hard Case: No

  • Heat Reflector: No

  • Material: Steel

  • Parts kit: No

  • Simmer: Yes

  • Size: 6x4x3 in.

  • Stuff sack: Yes

  • Warranty: Limited

  • Weight: 16.6 oz

  • Windscreen: No
  • Reviews


    Viewing: 1-5 of 5

    Misha - Dec 15, 2003 1:33 pm - Voted 5/5

    Untitled Review
    After hearing many horror stories about malfunctioning stoves in cold conditions or at high elevations, I decided to go with the best expedition stove I could find - Primus Himalaya Multi-fuel. So far (a year and a half later), I did not regret my decision. This stove is incredible. You can light it up in absolutely ANY conditions which for me included a complete white-out in the snow blizzard accompanied with 50mph winds. It supports any kind of liquid fuel! It's fuel consumption is very reasonable. One litre bottle of fuel is usually sufficient for 4-5 days of daily cooking (2-3 meals a day). However, keep in mind that this is a minimalistic stove designed to do one job well - keep your water boiling in extreme mountain conditions. If you are looking for a car camping stove, or something with simmering, this may not be the best buy for you.

    WaTaroo - Jul 21, 2005 10:57 am - Voted 5/5

    Untitled Review
    This is the one!! I have used the MFS for 4 years now and still going strong. Very fast at boiling water and sturdy against any abuse. The tripod folds nicely and holds the stove very well in place. The only disadvantage is the noise level, because of the regulator it is almost impossible to get it at simmer levels. This has been solved with the OFS from Primus. Ready for take off captain...

    Flanders - Apr 1, 2007 8:57 pm - Voted 5/5

    More STove than I've ever needed
    Stove has never failed in any conditions and provides excellent heat for cooking and boiling. Great stability and holds pots of all sizes well. If there is any comlaint it is slightly on the heavy side.

    Rob Ricks - Oct 31, 2009 12:15 am - Voted 5/5

    Great all around stove
    I bought the MFS on a clearance deal, and I'm really happy with the unit. Heat adjustment is tricky with white gas. It's a matter of playing with the compression. With isobutane canisters it's not an issue; just adjust the valve to adjust the flame. The heat shield works great with a gator clip. For a fast boil you need the shield. I bought the repair kit, but have not had to use it yet. This is the stove I take with me when I need something that will work anywhere in the world. A stable, reliable stove.

    Guillaume.Ceyrac - Sep 19, 2011 12:11 pm - Voted 5/5

    Good stuff
    I own this stove since 7 years and mostly used it with fuel (from very good to crap quality), at least a month per year. I must confess that I only cleaned it twice. Although this lack of cleaning, I never had to complain about it.

    It is light, very strong, incredibly reliable, easy to set, stable and powerful (especially if used with the reflector and windshield) !

    The only problem I have with it, is that when I use it with fuel, there is ALWAYS a small fuel leak (few drops) that flows on my fingers when I connect/disconnect the bottle to the pipe's stove. I tried all the possible handlings that you could imagine but never succeed to avoid this leak. I thought I was the only one to have this disadvantage because of my model, but I met two people who had the same problem since they bought their Himalaya Multi Fuel Stove. Anyway, it's nothing in comparison of all of the advantages and qualities of this gear !

    Viewing: 1-5 of 5