Backpacker crew (formerly Trekking)

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Backpacker crew (formerly Trekking)
Manufacturer Thorlo
Page By Diego Sahagún
Page Type Dec 22, 2002 / Dec 22, 2002
Object ID 607
Hits 4092
Vote
Patented and engineered for backpacking in cold weather over rugged terrain. High-density pads provide extra protection against

shock, impact, blisters, and cold. Medium-density pad cushions against lace pressure and boot folds and protects the toes. Medium-density pad allows shoe or boot to snug closer gives better support. Spandex provides support and better fit, prevents bunching.



The exact compositions is TKX fiber, that conteins: 46% acrylic, 39% wool, 7% insulating hollow-core polyester, 6% stretch nylon, 2% spandex.



The prices are those in Spain.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-6 of 6

Diego Sahagún - Dec 22, 2002 5:50 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This a very good pair of socks, ideal for trekking commitments. They fit very well and I've used them from summer to winter, but they are little thick for the hotest days of summer and thin for the coldest days of winter. A fail is that they're not long enough to use with plastic boots, they end sliping inside your inner boots. But they're not made for climbing objetives. I still have two pairs from '91.

NYC007 - Feb 23, 2003 8:38 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Great socks, I use them for everything. durable and work well with my liners

dsnell - Sep 15, 2003 10:57 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I'm a huge fan of Thorlo socks and have owned many pair over the years, including the trekking and mountaineering socks. The trekking socks are excellent for everything but all out cold conditions. I generally wear them with leather boots and find them to be well suited for conditions in which leathers are indicated. They always keep my feet warm and dry, and don't bunch up or chafe. Like most synthetic socks, they stink to high heaven after a day's use.

They are cheaper than Patagonia Expedition Weight Socks and work just as well.

miztflip - Nov 28, 2004 3:06 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I love Thorlo socks and have tried several times to switch to other brands but keep coming back. They are well made and last longer.



They also don't bunch up in my boots as much as some other brands and the price is great.

Alan Ellis - Nov 19, 2005 8:25 am - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Great sock for hiking or day hiking. I'm not as impressed with the cushioning as I am the Smartwools so I would be reluctant to using them in mountaineering. But, they were given as a gift so I can't complain too much. Anyway, the best thing about these socks are the fit. They conform to my foot like no other sock. The wicking ability is outstanding.

Erik Beeler - Nov 19, 2005 11:15 am - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
I love these. Durable and comfortable and like Alan says below this is a great fitting sock. Not a thick sock but thick enough for a good fitting light to mid weight hiking boot.

I don't think these wick as well as some other types of materials and they tend to leave my foot sticky when using a full leather boot like a light mountaineering or water proof hiker.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6