Capilene LW Endurance Quarter Sock

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Capilene LW Endurance Quarter Sock
Manufacturer Patagonia
Page By Nate Miller
Page Type Oct 28, 2005 / Oct 28, 2005
Object ID 1457
Hits 3392
Vote
Fabric provides the ideal balance of cushion, durability and moisture management; Innovative, rib-cuff design is non-restrictive and prevents socks from sloughing into boots; Lightweight, felted foot bed and toe box maintains cushion over the lifetime of the sock. Jersey-knit construction dries fast; Mesh structure across top of foot adds breathability and non-chafing comfort. Vertical channels over the foot dissipate heat. Seamless toe construction for ultimate toe comfort; Tapered toe box promotes a custom fit. Flex zones at toebox and ankle allow natural, non-chafing flex. 65% wool, 19% nylon, 10% polyester, 6% spandex with Capilene® performance. 43 g. (1.5 oz.) Made in USA and Imported.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Nate Miller - Oct 28, 2005 8:51 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I tried these on a whim during the summer in Texas, and I was impressed. I bought them mainly because my cotton socks were getting soaked, and and my synthetic wicking socks got pretty stinky inside my not-so-breathable shoes. My feet need to breathe more than most, and these socks do an excellent job of pulling moisture away from your feet. They are very comfortable. And since being home in the north again, I have only been pleased more. You can (not that you want to...) wear them for a few days and still the odor will not knock you over, due to the wool content. And, they are cheaper than ANY of the comparable brands/styles. They would be great for approach, hiking/trail running, or anytime that the weather is not terribly cold.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1