Devil’s Lake State Park in Wisconsin is the most popular rock-climbing area in the Midwest. It features spectacular cliffs and other rock formations where the Ice Age glacier's terminal moraine meets an ancient landscape of rock.
This third edition of the popular Climber’s Guide to Devil’s Lake has been thoroughly updated for twenty-first-century climbers and hikers and includes information for use with GPS receivers. It provides information for climbers of all abilities and preferences, offering precise directions to help them navigate and climb within the park.
- an updated introduction by George J. Pokorny and new photographs by Eric Andre
- a summary of the geologic and natural history of the Baraboo hills by Patricia K. Armstrong
- locations and updated descriptions of nearly 1,800 climbs
- landmark photographs from most major climbing areas
- GPS waypoints, map coordinates, altimeter readings, and approach information
- detailed diagrams locating climbing routes at most major climbing areas
- 6 new diagrams, 5 new climbing areas, and 120 new routes
Product DetailsPrice: $19.95
Paperback: 366 pages
Publisher: University of Wisconsin Press; 3 edition (September 15, 2008
Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 4.5 x 1.1 inches
Shipping Weight: 12.8 ounces