SuperTopo

 

SuperTopo
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title SuperTopo
Manufacturer Chris McNamara
Page By Dow Williams
Page Type Apr 19, 2007 / Apr 19, 2007
Object ID 3002
Hits 7725
Vote

SuperTopo On Line Guide Books

Mission is to create the world's best rock climbing guidebooks. Each guidebook contains detailed SuperTopos for each climb, approach and descent information, as well as route histories, and helpful information to make your climbing adventure successful.

Most of our titles are offered in your choice of printed or eBook format. Our downloadable eBook format (PDF files) is exclusively available for purchase online.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-5 of 5

Dow Williams - Apr 19, 2007 7:29 pm - Voted 5/5

Save Trees....
Chris McNamara has really done a service here. Have used a lot of his free info over the years (as I am sure most of you have), just purchased my first "on line" version of one of his books, Red Rocks. Much better than the Falcon Guide put out by Todd Swain. Very up to date. More accurate on approach and rack needs for each climb and of course.....much better topos! Hop on this band wagon, save trash. Just print what you need, no tearing out of guidebooks and losing the pages later. Sold me huge. Very nice. Cheers.

UncleBob - Apr 20, 2007 2:44 pm - Voted 5/5

Superb
Precise, concise, clear and comprehensive.

Supertopo aspires to be the best collection of climbing guidebooks available, and it definately can make this claim with a straight face. Look here first, you'll be hard pressed to find better anywhere else.

lisae - Apr 26, 2007 8:39 pm - Voted 5/5

Supertopo
I like Supertopo guidebooks and the fact that they are available as pdf files. It is great to be able print out just the pages that you need! However, I do think these guidebooks tend to reduce climbing to the lowest common denominator and help to create over crowding on the routes for which they provide topos.

Cedar - Aug 25, 2007 5:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Okay service
It was a pretty nice guidebook service that I once used. Guidebooks though, have long been replaced with Summitpost for me.

stepho - Nov 24, 2009 3:34 pm - Voted 5/5

great bouldering guidebooks
All of their California bouldering books are absolutely fantastic. Thousands of routes on hundreds of rocks.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5