Fly

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Fly
Manufacturer Trango
Page By STW
Page Type Sep 29, 2003 / Sep 29, 2003
Object ID 825
Hits 3448
Vote
Using die-cut laminated foam construction, here is a harness which is a nice blend between a traditional free-climbing harness and a sport climbing or competition harness.



· belay loop tests to over 9,000 lbs.

· haul loop

· quick-release elastic rear risers

· double-back buckle that shouts DANGER when it’s not back threaded.

· CE

· sizes: XS-XL

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

STW - Sep 29, 2003 3:59 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Very impressed with this harness. Very light weight. Has all the features I wanted. And, it was relatively inexpensive.



I've worn it primarily for trad climbing, top roping and gym. I like it just fine for all of these applications. I use a BD Blizzard for ice/winter.



Waist belt is nicely padded. It's wider in the back for some extra support. In the front, it's narrower to stay out of your way. The inside fabric is lightly brushed to feel comfortable against the skin.



The leg loops are not adjustable - so you'll have to make sure you get the right size. The leg loops are nicely padded though; and like the waist belt, they are wider around the back, but narrower around the front/inside. This kind of sophisticated padding design is normally only found in the most expensive harnesses on the market.



There are 4 nice stiff gear loops, a haul loop in back, a belay loop in front. Just what you need. Nothing else.



Buckling up is easy and well designed. There's even a nice little keeper strap to keep the loose end from flapping around.



The overall worksmanship is great. A very impressive harness. Light, comfortable, no restriction of movement.



Customer Service:

Trango web store buying experience was very good. Based on sizing description I bought the XL. When I got it, it was too big. Exchange for a size L was quick, easy, efficient.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1