Quartz CR3

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Quartz CR3
Manufacturer CAMP
Page By WML
Page Type Apr 26, 2010 / Apr 26, 2010
Object ID 7064
Hits 3827
Vote

All-around harness

Here is the information CAMP, the manufacturer, has to say about the harness:

Winner of the New & Notable Award from Climbing Magazine.

The ideal all-arounder. The new QUARTZ CR 3 gains its superior comfort and versatility from Edge-Load Construction on the leg loops (distributes force across the entire surface of the padding thereby helping to eliminate pressure points and other discomforts), an innovative Sliding Waist Belt System (allows the waist belt padding to slide along the structural webbing making it easy to perfectly center the padding and tie-in point, independent of your waist size), and special Fold-Over Construction which carries the padding over the top of the waist belt to dramatically increase comfort, especially against bare skin. Constructed from 4mm super-perforated EVA foam fixed with minimal interior stitching to a new softer 3-D honeycomb mesh. Also equipped with our patented No Twist belay loop and Flat Link elastic in the rear. Four gear loops and full-strength haul loop.

Specs
ID: 573
Application: Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing
Patented Systems: No Twist, Flat Link
Weight: 447 g, 15.8 oz
$69.95 USD

What have I thought so far...

VERY Good harness. Switched to this after having an Alpine Bod for a year (yes, anything is better than that thing if you're using it for anything other than ice or glacier travel) and the best part is - it's only 2 oz. more than the AB.

The fact you don't have to double back everything is nice, the harness has ice clipper slots that work with my BD ice clippers perfectly, it packs down relatively small (not as small as the AB) and is VERY comfortable.

The only complaint I have is that the gear loops are a pain in the ass to clip things on to, but I guess that will come with getting used to the harness.

Reviews

No reviews written yet.