Hyperflow Microfilter

 

Hyperflow Microfilter
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Hyperflow Microfilter
Manufacturer MSR
Page By JoeyBagoDonuts
Page Type Aug 19, 2009 / Aug 19, 2009
Object ID 6321
Hits 2872
Vote

Specifications

Weight: 7.4oz.
Flow Rate: 3.0 liter per min.
Filter Life: 1000 liters(Depends On Water Conditions)
Storage Temp.: 32 F/ 0 C (Do Not Freeze)
Filter Media: Hollow Fiber Membrane

Description

Light weight, small design and simple to use. Insane output rate, it easily filters a liter in less than a minute.

There have been complications with this design in the past. The first edition of this pump and its filter had problems with quickly getting clogged and reducing output. Regular back flushing of the unit would not correct the problem. It was also susceptible to damage from freezing and breakage due to drops from over one meter.

MSR claims to have fixed the flow problems in the more recent filters.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

JoeyBagoDonuts - Aug 19, 2009 9:31 pm - Voted 4/5

Tested
I jumped at this one. Super light weight and very little work for what kinda flow it puts out. I have a newer version and have yet to run into any problems. I have read mixed reviews and know the limitations of this pump. For the amount of water it filters and the time and weight it saves I've come to conclusion that this filter is worth the little bit of maintenance and attention it requires.

wordlessnature - Nov 17, 2014 2:39 pm - Voted 4/5

decent performance
Not a bad filter. The flow rate is good, but resistance builds very quickly and it becomes a workout to filter, albeit still faster than other filter designs. It is also very light, and the addition of an empty disposable water bottle (useful for back flushing) doesn't add much weight. All in all, a worthy buy.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2