PolarPure

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title PolarPure
Manufacturer Polar Equipment, Inc.
Page By Rob A
Page Type Nov 27, 2005 / Nov 27, 2005
Object ID 1511
Hits 5148
Vote
Polar Pure
Polar Pure Water Disinfectant uses pure crystallized iodine in a unique delivery system to destroy water-borne pathogens including giardia cysts and micro-organisms (viruses) that pass through filters. Simply add water to your Polar Pure bottle.

Pure iodine crystals are stable and slightly soluble in water but evaporate easily. Keep your Polar Pure bottle filled with water to maintain an iodine-saturated solution and tightly capped to avoid iodine loss.

When used as directed, a saturated iodine solution for disinfection is maintained in the filled Polar Pure bottle. This saturated solution is then used to disinfect your drinking water at an optimal concentration of 4 - 5 ppm iodine per quart/liter of water.

Saturation concentration varies with the solution temperature, but a green dot on the liquid crystal chart on the Polar Pure bottle shows how many capfuls are needed for disinfection. For complete instructions, refer to our directions for use page.


Polar Pure

does not deteriorate with extremes in temperature
has an indefinite shelf life
is safe and fully effective to use as long as you can see iodine crystals at the bottom of the bottle
one bottle treats up to 2000 quarts of water at less than 1/2 cent per quart
dosage chart is printed on the bottle
bottle cap is used to measure and decant solution -- no other equipment needed
small size and light weight makes it convenient for backpacking and travel
essential for emergency preparedness



Refer to our water treatment comparison page for more information regarding water disinfection.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Rob A - Nov 27, 2005 12:47 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I have been using PolarPure for 6 years and I have never had a prolbem with my water or gotten sick from the water. After breaking my one bottle on the first day of a three day trip, I made a way to prevent my bottles from breaking. I found a block of styrofoam and cut in half. Then I halowed the block out to the size ond shape of the bottle. I keep the block cosed with tape anf have not had a broken bottle yet.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1