Made with highly breathable Gore-Tex® XCR™ fabric, this short, light, and sprightly jacket offers close-fitting coverage for backpacking, and it passes Gore’s Engineered for Extreme Wet Weather® rainwear test. Cut hip-length to minimize weight, the Cabrio 2 can be teamed with high-waisted pants, or bib pants if full storm coverage is needed. This shorter cut also means the Cabrio 2 is best matched with shorter fleece jackets (or simply hike up your longer fleeces).
- Three-ply Gore-tex XCR fabric is waterproof, abrasion resistant and significantly more breathable than “Classic” Gore-Tex.
- MI187R, the soft-feeling medium-weight nylon face fabric with false-twisted yarns, provides excellent abrasion resistance, and good water-repellency.
- Polyester tricot backing fabric absorbs little moisture.
Hip-length cut to minimize weight.
- Water-resistant, polyurethane Uretek underarm vent zippers are flap-free (in very wet weather, position all zipper sliders directly under your armpits to maintain waterproofness).
- Two chest pockets are taped into the waist on the inside, making for uncluttered internal construction.
- Eye-level drawcords on the zip-off hood optimize field of vision.
- Collar and chin guard are microfleece-lined, adding softness without absorbing excessive moisture.
- Small fabric fold houses the front zipper pull at the top, eliminating chin chafe.