Welcome to SP!  -


ONE Jacket
Gear Review

ONE Jacket

 

Page Type: Gear Review

Object Title: ONE Jacket

Manufacturer: REI

Your Opinion: 
 - 3 Votes
 

 

Page By: awagher

Created/Edited: Apr 22, 2005 / Apr 22, 2005

Object ID: 1326

Hits: 1086 

 


One jacket for nearly all conditions! That's the idea behind this windproof, water-resistant, ultra-breathable Polartec Power Shield® jacket.
Air Control Technology™ blocks 98% of wind; the remaining 2% is allowed to circulate within the fabric to help keep you from overheating
Polartec Power Shield is quieter than a traditional waterproof, breathable shell--and it's twice as breathable!
Abrasion- and water-resistant nylon outer face sheds rain and snow, keeping you dry in all but the heaviest of downpours
Soft polyester velour fleece inner face traps body heat for warmth
Four-way stretch allows for maximum mobility and comfort
Two zippered handwarmer pockets and one zippered chest pocket hold essentials; chest pocket features exit portal for CD/MP3 player headphones
Adjustable elastic drawcord hem and neck gasket (drawcord inside the Polartec Wind Pro® neck cuff) seal in warmth
Comfortable chin guard protects against zipper abrasion
This soft-shell jacket offers a streamlined design for an active lifestyle--you have to try it to believe the comfort it provides!
A smart choice for virtually any active outdoor or around-town pursuit. This less-is-more jacket is designed to go easily from mountains-to-mall and powder-to-pavement activities!

Reviews

Viewing: 1-3 of 3

awagherUntitled Review

Voted 4/5

This is a great all around jacket. If you are not in rain for hours on end this ONE will serve you well. I love the neck cord to keep wind out. The only thing I wish it had is pit zips. I have worn this jacket all winter and it has been great.
Posted Apr 22, 2005 10:26 am

Erik BeelerUntitled Review

Voted 4/5

I struggled between this jacket and the Arcteryx Gamma SV. For me the great collar which has a draw coord to pull it closed almost sold me over the SV. Yeah I loved it that much. The biggest difference for me that slod me was the fit. The SV did not lift when I made overhead toll placements and the One pulled up. So I had to give the nod to the SV.



The One is a great deal for the dollars and if you don't have to worry about reaching overhead or if money is an issue pick the One.
Posted May 25, 2005 11:10 am

thebeave7Do It All

Voted 4/5

I've owned several soft shells, and this has been one of my favorites. I own an older model(I believe 2003?) which has held up very well over the years. The water repellency is not as good as other soft shells(on this model), though it is very warm and sheds wind quite well.
What I like most about the jacket is the fit, at 5'9"/150lb I am not a large man, but the athletic cut makes the jacket very form fitting, but there is enough room to layer and not hinder movement. As performance goes this jacket is not as tough as the gore windstoppers(MH, Arc'teryx..), but is a nice value for all around winter use.
Posted Feb 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Viewing: 1-3 of 3