Easy snow routes, glacier travel, ski-touring. A snow route is called easy if it has no difficult passages such as the crossing of a bergschrund, requiring a belay. It will be possible to progress with any type of dynamic rope:
- One strand of single rope.
- One strand of double rope.
- One strand of twin rope.
The roping of the party is practised in different ways. BEAL’s choice is to use one strand of twin rope. In order to make the dynamic results for this rope more realistic BEAL has decided to indicate the performance more closely related to this use than a twin rope tested on two strands. That is with a fall limited to factor 0.8, but with 80kg on one strand, and the impact force measured with the same parameters. Even though we forbid the use of Rando rope on one strand for climbing and mountaineering, these two activities are nevertheless practicable if you use 2 strands of Rando rope.
Product Specifications (single rope)• Type: Dynamic / Dry - UIAA - CE
• Number of bobbins: 32
• Weight per meter: 37 g
• Total weight: 1.11 kg (2.4 lbs)
• Impact force BEAL Guaranty: 8.20 - 8.40 kN with 80 kg/2 strands fact 1,77
• Number of UIAA Falls BEAL Guaranty: 12 with 80 kg/2 strands fact 1,77
• Sheath slippage: 0 mm
• Extension during the first fall: 36%
• Static elongation: 8%
• Resistance to a factor 1,77 fall over an edge of radius 0.75mm: YES
• US retail cost: $59.95
Maunufacturer's website: http://www.bealplanet.com/portail-2006/index.php?page=cordes_rando&lang=us