The Shell Pants gear category covers non-insulated outerwear pants, used for wind and rain protection.
When shopping for Shell Pants, it's best to define what your needs are. Generally, Shell Pants are either waterproof or water resistant. Waterproof pants tend to be a little more bulky and expensive than water resistant pants, but they do a better job of keeping you dry.
Some options for you to consider are:
- Materials used to make the Shell Pants, which can vary in the degree of durability and comfort.
- Does it have an inner lining that provides water protection (such as GoreTex)?
- Reinforced knees, ankles and seat for extra durability.
- Full side zips for ventilation, and to simplify removal while wearing boots.
- Number and location of pockets.
- Of course, color, style and fit are important!