Aka "Dead Man" or "Fluke", this aluminum plate with steel cable is used for belay protection on glacier climbs and as a snow stake for tents in severely windy conditions. The stainless steel cable sling is designed to allow the snow anchor to dive deeper into the snow when it is loaded.
Accolades:Similar Products: DMM Deadman
- Main body is shaped like a shovel blade coming to a point at one end, with a 1/8" stainless steel cable running from the other end
- Bury the blade in the snow, clip a carabiner to the cable and run a rope through it for a belay on steep snow.
- Includes holes provide good "bite" on the snow.
- Made from high strength aluminum alloy.
- Available in two sizes.
- Standard equipment on all AAI alpine racks.