Sombrero hat

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Sombrero hat
Manufacturer REI
Page By DudeThatMustHurt
Page Type Aug 29, 2005 / Aug 29, 2005
Object ID 1405
Hits 3882
Vote
You should be able to find this product in REI's discount bins almost all of the time, for under $10 bucks it's perfect to keep in your Camel Back, Truck, or cheap enough to buy a few of them.



not a ton of frills here just something to keep your dome dry (and if you wear glasses like me, you will have no drops)



I believe the weight is approx 2.5 oz (have not weighed it yet)



Great hat @ a great price very much worth buying

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

tarol - Feb 10, 2006 11:42 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This is a great hat, I wear it when I'm hiking in the rain because I don't particularly like hoods. I have more peripheral vision and can hear better when wearing this hat rather than a hood to keep my head dry.

lingana - Jul 4, 2011 7:08 am - Voted 5/5

Really Functional Hat
I took my Seattle Sombrero Hat on the recent KshitiDhar expedition I had been on. And, I was very happy with it. I wore it continuously, right from Dhundi, all the way to Camp 1.
When I was going towards Dhundi, there was slight rain (little more than a drizzle), but I was protected. Completely.
Also, when I reached Camp 1, snowflakes had just starting coming down from the skies above, and yet again, I was protected.
One more thing I liked about the hat is that it has fleece inside it, so when it gets cold, it keeps your head warm inside (although your ears are open to the cold). This quality of the hat also makes it a little difficult to wear, when it is sunny. But, I used to just loosen the inside velcro-belt, to allow some a whiff of cold breeze to get in, and I was just fine.

Overall, with its functionality, and its weight, besides the fact that it looks extremely trendy and cool - its a good investment to make.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2