Stretch Element Gloves

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Stretch Element Gloves
Manufacturer Patagonia
Page By William Marler
Page Type May 21, 2004 / May 21, 2004
Object ID 1077
Hits 6758
Vote
Our go-to gloves for alpine climbing when durable protection is a must. To complementfingery tasks like tying knots or placing protection, we use a 3-layer stretch-woven nylon panel sewn across the back of the hand.

Grippy, treated-leather palms and fingers are durable, soft and flexible (even in extreme cold) and dry quickly. Inside, the removable pile liner is contoured to further maximize dexterity. The internal powder cuff and long gauntlet seal out the elements and close with the tug of a single-cinch cord. Other features: precurved fingers, a carabiner loop, webbing retention loop, and soft fabric on the thumb for wiping your nose.

Technical alpine climbing glove that excels when warmth and dexterity are paramount.
Use it for:

  • Iced, Mixed, & Alpine Climbing
  • Lift-accessed Riding
  • Backcountry Riding

    3-layer H2No® HB barrier with a nylon shell outer layer provides waterproof/breathable performance in the harshest conditions; Stretchy waterproof/breathable fabric on back of hand for unlimited movement

    The treated leather palms and fingers are super-durable, water repellent, flexible and grippy; they also dry quickly and require less frequent application of after-market water repellents

    Fingertips are covered with leather for durability and abrasion resistance
  • Reviews


    Viewing: 1-1 of 1

    Aaron Dyer - Dec 13, 2004 1:04 pm - Voted 5/5

    Untitled Review
    My hands are normally always cold when I wear gloves, so I had purchased a pair a wool mittens and shell mitts to sovle the problem, but they were bulkly and limited dexterity. I picked up a pair of the Stretch Element Gloves and immediately knew I had found the solution. They are warm, grippy, and the leather hand stays grippy even with snow on it. The fingers are slender enough to allow full enough motion (it's easy enough to work with gates on caribeaners and such).

    Only downside is that the seams aren't factory sealed, I haven't had a problem yet since I have used them as a winter only glove. Before I start using them for spring or summer climbs though I am going to seal those seams.

    Viewing: 1-1 of 1