Torsion Glove

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Torsion Glove
Manufacturer Mountain Hardwear
Page By Martin Cash
Page Type Dec 18, 2003 / Dec 18, 2003
Object ID 945
Hits 7362
Vote
Torsion Glove - Designed as a stretchy alternative to rigid ice and alpine climbing gloves, the Mountain Hardwear Torsion Glove is also ideal for cross-country skiing and cool weather mountain biking. The Polartec® Power Shield™ fleece fabric isn't usually found in Mountain Hardwear glove designs (it's fairly standard in fleece garments) but the application works well for situations where you need a lot of stretch and better tactile feedback than thicker glove designs. The lightweight design also works well as a back-up pair in your climbing pack.



Polartec® Power Shield™ shell fabric with four-way stretch

Waterproof leather/Skeletech palm reinforcement material

Warm fleece lining

Lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship

Weight: 3.5 oz. (100 g.) in large

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

ant morgan - Nov 5, 2005 8:58 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I used a pair of Torsion gloves for alpine climbing this past winter in New Zealand (July 2005). They were unlined, as in no fleece, but the shell and leather palm materials were the same as gloves described above.



I wore liner gloves underneath for extra warmth, as well as gore-tex mitts over the top when skiing to the route and on belay duty.



The Torsions are EXCELLENT!!!



Being a breathable, soft-shell material my hands stayed dry for many hours of 'plunging' and 'classic' mixed climbing. The cut and thickness of the gloves offers a high degree of dexterity when placing fiddly rock pro.



The leather palm showed no signs of wear after half a dozen rappels. The Pittards leather used on the Torsions is known for its durability. However the leather did absorb moisture, and promptly froze. I plan on buying a second pair of Torsions, so that I can swap the frozen gloves on longer routes.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1