Ultraflex Inferno Gloves

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Ultraflex Inferno Gloves
Manufacturer Outdoor Designs
Page By STW
Page Type Jan 16, 2004 / Jan 16, 2004
Object ID 977
Hits 6320
Vote
Glove designed for ice climbing. It appears that the company, Outdoor Designs is based in the UK (www.outdoordesigns.co.uk); but, there is very little helpful info on the web site.



Not an easy item to find, but if you do a google search, you might find a couple of vendors who can sell you a pair of these...



GORE-TEX® Direct Grip A.C.T. Insert

Pre-curved diamond thumb

Pittards wr-100x full grain leather palm

Schoeller stretch cordura

Cinch cord

Bio-gel pad

Primaloft insulation

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

STW - Jan 16, 2004 11:28 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Excellent gloves. Warm, waterproof, dextrous. Too bad they're so hard to find.



Fit in the fingers is a bit better for people with long slender fingers, but not too extreme.



Instead of foam padding on the knuckles, these have gel padding. I can't decide if it's better or worse than foam. I guess it's a tie. It seams to work just fine.



Leather on the palm and fingers is pretty thick and durable but not so thick that it limits dexterity too badly.



Insulation is primaloft and I've found these to be comfy on days down to single digit temps (f). The insulation is fixed in place, so the gloves are easy to slip on and off even if your fingers are a bit sweaty. Downside: if the gloves get real sweaty, you can't remove the liner to let them dry quicker.



The gauntlet design has a nice wide opening and a good elastic fit around the wrist. Easy to slip your hands into; and no wrist pull-strap to interfere with ice tool leashes. There's also a little biner strap on these to allow you to dangle them off your harness in an upside-down position so that they don't fill up with snow/ice/water inadvertently.



These are a great entry into the ice glove market. They certainly stack up very well against similar gloves from Black Diamond, Granite Gear and Outdoor Research -- they are all good, each with advantages and disadvantages.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1