Zermatt

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Zermatt
Manufacturer Mammut
Page By tne
Page Type Nov 4, 2002 / Nov 4, 2002
Object ID 540
Hits 3982
Vote
Durable versatile glove, keprotec reinforcement, adjustable wrist elast, onehand adjustable closure with cord, including seperate wearable windstopper innerglove with leather reinforcement on palm and threefingers.



Fabric

Outerfabric Cordura und Schoeller Keprotec elastic (rubberized), Gore-Tex Insert, Thermolite pad 60g, Gore Windstopper Innerglove

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Nikman - May 10, 2007 12:57 pm - Voted 3/5

Reclamation neccessary
I had to send my pair to Mammut to have them fixed during the guarantee-period.
The inside Gore-tex layer got damaged between pointing-finger and thumb on both gloves (left and right hand).
They fixed them and sent them back, but now the new inside layer is manufactured so tight, that it is almost impossible to use the Gore Windstopper inner glove inside the outer one.

For a product with that price I expected better quality, especialy because I am used to get it from Mammut in other product-categories.

HappyCamper - Nov 10, 2007 12:39 pm - Voted 4/5

Very good
I use them as a single layer for summer and ski mountaineering, and ice climbing. It's great that the inserts are removable such that you get a not-too-warm waterproof shell. I can handle all my gear in them, so no need to take them off ever (except when opening a muesli bar, see pic ;o). After 5 years they've become leaky, and the outer shell can absorb too much water, but I have yet to find an alternative.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2