UV-Sperr Filter O-Haze M 77

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title UV-Sperr Filter O-Haze M 77
Manufacturer Hama
Page By Diego Sahagún
Page Type Sep 23, 2002 / Sep 23, 2002
Object ID 482
Hits 4196
Vote
This filter diminishes haze in landscape photography. Colourless. Abosorbs UV radiation. Prevents hazy and indistict shots caused by UV radiation.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Diego Sahagún - Sep 23, 2002 3:03 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This filter diminishes haze in landscape photography but I haven't noticed it yet: my photos seem equal with or without this filter. Even it works as a protective screen against lens' rifling.

Michael Hoyt - Jun 6, 2007 5:09 pm - Voted 1/5

A Useless Filter
In my opinion, UV filters are one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetrated on photographers. As has been pointed out in another review, there appears to be no difference between a picture taken with the filter and one without.

I’ve heard several arguments for putting one on every lens you own including “it protects the glass from being scratched”, “it protects the manufacturer’s coating from degrading”, and “it allows you to see through the haze”. Well, in my opinion, you don’t need a filter to protect your glass, you need a lens cap. (Unless I’m shooting, there is one on every one of my lenses – all the time.) And as for “it allows you to see through the haze”, well, I’ve never seen any proof of that in a photo. If you want to cut some of the reflected light from “haze”, use a polarizer filter. That works!

The photographers I know who actually make a living taking pictures (and I admit I personally only know a few) don’t use UV filters – period. And I once had a Nikon rep tell me they’re worthless. If that’s not proof enough, you might be interested to know that among the highest-markup items carried by lens sellers, are UV filters. Why do you think they want to sell you one every time you buy a lens?

Viewing: 1-2 of 2