Veiled Peak Anorack

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Veiled Peak Anorack
Manufacturer Cloudveil
Page By Chenault
Page Type Feb 28, 2002 / Feb 28, 2002
Object ID 147
Hits 4742
Vote
A basic anorak made of Schoeller Dynamic Micro, a strech weave of nylon, microfiber, and lycra. Features include an adjustable hood, long front zipper with fuzzy chin guard, zipper kangaroo pocket, drawcord hem, elastic/velcro cuffs, and a nifty embroidered logo.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Chenault - Feb 28, 2002 11:39 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This is very possibly the most versitile piece of clothing I've ever owned. The fabric is great, it feels like a nice shirt, not a plastic sack, and is fuzzy next to the skin. It sheds water very well, it will take a good 30 minutes of hard rain to soak through, and it drys very quickly. It's light enough to pack small and not add much warmth (comparable to a midweight capilene layer) while still providing a bit of additional warmth and weather protection. The hood is very well designed, and will fit over a climbing helmet. The front zipper is nice and long, it vents very well. I've used it hiking, XC and tele skiing, and climbed chimneys in it, and it has held up perfectly in the 8 months I've had it. Be aware that Cloudveils sleezes run very long, I needed a large to be able to layer a fleece under it, but wish the sleezes were a bit shorter. The drawcord hem and velcro cuffs are simple, unobtrusive, and work well. I where this more than any other piece of outdoor gear I own, and if I'm not wearing it it's in my pack. Rather pricey, but I would say worth it.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1