Over Sovatna valley

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.40840°N / 13.82380°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking and scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up and easy secured climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting point of the route is Aljazev Dom hut (1015m), which lies in the heart of the Vrata valley. More info about the hut is on the front page. Hut is accessible by car from Mojstrana village (12km), which is placed in the upper Savska Dolina valley at the end of Vrata valley (71km to Ljubljana, 13 to Kranjska Gora). You exit from the main road following the signs either to 'Mojstrana' or 'Vrata'. If you are using public transport you will have to walk up the Vrata valley from Mojstrana (2.30h).


Route Description


From Aljazev Dom hut you follow the signposts for Luknja pass. But when you come on the second crossing you must turn right where you can see the signposts for Krski podi hut and Sovatna valley. You are hiking through the forest and soon you come on long slopes where are somewhere steep grass and screes.

Some details you climb and soon you come to notch Dovska vratca, 2180m between Stenar, 2501m and Bovski Gamsovec, 2392m.

Then you turn right and by an easy scree you reach the summit. Before you come on summit you ascend on notch Stenaraska vratca, 2295m.

You descend by the same route or you can take for descend route around north face.


Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 19, 2004 12:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

The described ascent can be done also as a tour ski downhill. Quite steep on some points, otherwise one of the greatest in Julian Alps.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

StenarRoutes