Pacific Crest Trail to the ridge

Pacific Crest Trail to the ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.72920°N / 121.8044°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Start at the PCT trailhead near Breitenbush Lake.

Route Description

Take the PCT 3.5 miles from the trailhead, passing through forests, meadows and finally some large lava mounds until you come to the Ridge Pass. It's marked by a large pipe sticking up from a four-sided cairn. Next to it is what used to be a wooden sign. Don't be fooled by all the pipes sticking up from the lava mounds that guide you along the PCT.

Once you come to the cairn/pipe, turn right and hike up the ridge. There did not appear to be any trail to the summit, I just followed the ridge until you come to the highest point. It's maybe 150-200 yards up the ridge from the PCT. Some easy scrambling will put you up on top of a rock wall.

Essential Gear

none needed

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.