Palon de la Mare - Cevedale traverse

Palon de la Mare - Cevedale traverse

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.41610°N / 10.61750°E
Additional Information Route Type: Basic Snow/Glacier Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

You reach the Palon de la Mare peak through its normal route and, in the same day you can continue the trip on the ridge to "Cevedale" (2 hours) and come back to "refuge Ghiacciaio Ai Forni" by the Cevedale normal route. It belongs 5 hours from the "Palon de la mare" peak to the refuge. If you you have some problem to complete the round trip, you can sleep in bivouac Colombo, situated on the ridge between the "Palon de la Mare" and "Cevedale" peaks. Sleeping in this bivouac, the second day you should reaching Monte Vioz through this route.



Palon de la Mare (on the left), Cevedale (on the center) and Zufallspitze (on the right in the shadow) seen from Monte Vioz

Route Description

You have to go down leads to Col de la Mare (m.3442), near Bivacco Colombo. You cross to Cima del M. RĂ²sole (m.3536) until the pass with the same name of the mountain (m.3502 - easy rock passages quite exposed) from where, you arrive on the Monte Cevedale peak (m.3769), highest point of the tour. By Cevedale Normal route (look the description in the Cevedale page) you lead Refuge Casati (ore 4-5, PD).



The ridge between the two peaks


Essential Gear

Ice-axe, crampons, rope, a good pair of sunglasses and warm clothes.


MAPS and BOOKS

  • Tabacco 1:25000

  • Kompass 72 "Ortles Cevedale"

  • CAI-TCI - ORTLES CEVEDALE by Gino Buscaini (1984)



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

CevedaleRoutes