Paynosoom

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 35.99204°N / 51.51622°E
Additional Information County: Tehran
Activities Activities: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10630 ft / 3240 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Paynosoom peak is one of the peaks in the Roodbar-Ghasran region  in central Alborz. It is located to the north of Mt. Abak. There are 3 villages around this peak, Shemshak to the west, Laloon to the northeast and Rooteh to the southeast.
The easiest way to get to the peak is to go to the village of Shemshak and hike up the Shemshak ski resort, and go a little bit to the left.

 

Paynosoom
Paynosoom peak from Shemshak-Dizin road. (June 18, 2012)

 

 It was the first day of Summer when I was there, and the area was very beautiful. Here are some pictures on my way to the peak:

 

Shemshak
The village of Shemshak from the ski area. (June 21, 2012)

 

Shemshak
The village of Shemshak from the ski area. (June 21, 2012)

 

Shemshak
A new mid mountain restaurant from the ski area. (June 21, 2012)

 

Ski area
Looking SW from a spot close to the ski area. (June 21, 2012)

 

sarakchal
Sarakchal peaks (4221m). (June 21, 2012)

Sarakchal
Sarakchal peaks. (June 21, 2012)

Shemshak
Shemshak and Darbandsar. Looking west from a spot close to Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

When I got to the Paynosoom peak, after a short time the weather got very hazy degrading the quality of the pictures. Here are the views when you are on Paynosoom peak:

 

paynosoom peak
Koloonbastak on the right and Seechal on the left. Looking west from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

Koloonbastak-Sarakchal ridge
Koloonbastak (4156m) to Sarakchal (4221m) ridge. Looking NW from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

Sarakchal
Sarakchal peaks. Looking north from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

Kharsang & Janestoon peaks
Kharsang peaks on the right and Janestoon peaks on the left. Looking NE from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

Damavand
Damavand in the distance, and the village of Laloon on the lower left. Looking east from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

Damavand
Looking east from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

Mt. Rooteh
Mt. Rooteh (3180m). Looking east from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

Mehrchal massif
mehrchal massif, and the village of Rooteh on the lower right. Looking SE from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

 

Mt. Abak
Mt. Abak (3488m). Looking south from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

 

 

Mt. Tochal
Mt. Tochal from a spot close to Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 

 

 

Seechal
The highest peak is the summit of Mt. seechal. Mt Kashoolak is in front of it. Looking west from Paynosoom peak. (June 21, 2012)

 


Getting There

The shortest way is to go to the village of Shemshak, and start your hike from there. To get to the village of Shemshak, you need to get to the Lashgarak road from Tehran, and continue to get to Fasham. From Fasham square take the road to your left, and after about 13Km you will be there.

Route

Add Route text here.

Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.

When to Climb

Add When to Climb text here.

Camping

Add Camping text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.