Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.73358°N / 106.32538°W
Additional Information County: Eagle, Summit
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 13230 ft / 4033 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Peak F is one of the rugged peaks on the  Ripsaw Ridge. It towers high above Upper Piney Valley and the very remote Black Creek Draynage. All access routes are long, tedious, difficult and under adverse conditions dangerous. This is a rarely visited peak deep in the Eagle's Nest Wilderness, where you are on your own if anything goes wrong.

Getting There

Piney River Trailhead is the trailhead for the standard route to Peak F

Peak F can also be climbed via Black Creek Draynage (Kneeknocker Pass).

Get off at Exit 176 on I 70 - go west and turn on Redsandstone Rd, which turns into Piney Lake Road. The road seems to get worse every year. The road ist pretty bumpy all the way, but the descent down to Piney River Ranch is especially bumpy with lots of potholes and rocks. High clearance vehicle would be preferable, but a normal sedan can make it if you just take it slow.

Park to your right when you reach the gate to Piney Lake Reserve.

Red Tape

You will hike and climb within the Eagle's Nest Wilderness - please abide to all wilderness regulations.

Camping

You will find good camping along sections of the Piney River Trail (many sections are either dense forest or soggy meadows though) or on the very remote Eastern slopes of Peak F.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.