Peca / Petzen South Ferrata

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.49630°N / 14.78240°E
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy ferrata
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

You start the route at Dom na Peci, 1665 m. From there you follow the marked path over the slopes of Mala Peca until you reach a grassy saddle between Mala Peca and the main massif. On the upper part of the meadow the two routes are branching (the easy normal ascent goes right). On the sign you can read: 'Zelo zahtevna pot', which would mean 'very difficult trail'. Don't get frightened. It's for mass tourism, otherwise the ferrata is quite easy.

Route Description

From the signpost you go left, where the good ex hunters path brings you below the south face of the highest summit. Soon we enter the rocks. The ferrata is in good conditions, the exposure is not harming your psyche, and only a few parts are medium hard to climb. The route winds towards the right. Because the south face here is made of several rocky towers, the route goes usually up between two towers, then crosses around the tower and ascends another one. After some 200 meters of ascent we reach the top of a nice panoramic rock, where difficulties end. From there on, we only cross the slopes up to the summit plateau and left to the highest point. 1 h 30 min from the hut. We descend by the eastern path, which is easy and no description is needed.

Essential Gear

Good shoes, for experienced hikers protecting is not needed.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.