Peer Pressure

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 33.77090°N / 116.6967°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing, Toprope
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.10a (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: Friction Slab
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach-Route Description

Peer Pressure lies at the near end of the North Face area, where classic routes like 'Flower of a High Rank' and 'The Guillotine' can be found. At the far right side of the North face. You will see a 55 foot exfoliation slab with three bolts on it. This is Peer Pressure.

Please see the main page for Suicide Rock for more information on parking and details on the trail up to the rock base.

This route can be done on lead or toprope. There are two corner systems on the sides of the slab. On the right is the easiest way up to the anchors, (which is a 2 bolt setup) this is the first pitch of 'Tabby Treat 5.1'.
You can climb the corner on the left of the Peer Pressure slab, it goes at 5.7

On the slab, it is a pure friction climb up positive rock. There are a few solution pockets right in the spots you want it. Follow the bolted line up the slab meandering up on small edges and solid smears. Near the top you can move right for a easier finish just before the end of the slab. At the top is the 2 bolt anchor on a small ledge with a tree to the right.

Essential Gear

-3 Quickdraws to lead the slab
-Anchor setup
-Rope (60m not essential)

To Lead the corners on either side, some gear is needed. Thin to 3 inches.

First Ascent

FA by Troy Mayr, Charles Cole, and Gib Lewis in 1987


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.