Mt Eddy Conditions...?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
yosemiteforlife67

Mt Eddy Conditions...?

by yosemiteforlife67 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 am

Hello out there, if anyone might be able to provide me with some information on the current conditions of Mt Eddy, up near Mt Shasta it would be great. I am thinking of going up there for a nice 10 mile round trippper on June 25th. I just mainly want to know what the snow level may be at this point , and whether i may need my ice axe and crampons. I would appreciate any information on this, thanks.

Bubba Suess

Re: Mt Eddy Conditions...?

by Bubba Suess » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 pm

I can see the (false) summit of Eddy from my kitchen window. Unless you want to snow shoe, forget about it. There are still several feet of snow a few thousand feet below the summit. Moreover, I have heard that there was a mudslide a few miles below Parks Creek Pass, in addition to the road still being impassable because of snow. I am not sure what the condition of the mudslide is now since I heard about that a few weeks ago but the road is still no dice, as far as I know. I think the access may be better coming from the Trinity River since most of the road is on the southfacing side of the canyon. I heard you can get to within a few miles of Deadfall Meadow from that side. You should be able to hike in to Cliff and Terrace Lakes withing a few days and you may be able to get all the way up to Gumboot and head over to the Seven Lakes Basin by June 25 though...

The following user would like to thank Bubba Suess for this post
Noondueler

pschwerdt

Re: Mt Eddy Conditions...?

by pschwerdt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Drove by it on Sunday, looks like there is still a lot of snow up there. I'd guess the snow level starts around 6000.

Return to California