It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:21 pm

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Mount Sir Donald in the Selkirk Range

Does anyone know of any good websites that you can find route information for Mount Sir Donald in the Selkirks of British Columbia. My friend and I are hoping to climb it this summer - just looking for some beta.
Thanks - Jay
Read more : Mount Sir Donald in the Selkirk Range | Views : 2895 | Replies : 5

bivouac.com worthwhile?

Just curious if this site is worth the $25. Any experience with it?

I'm planning a mountaineering trip to the Canadian Rockies. Beta for these peaks is so much less that in the US... I can't wait!

Specifically, I'm looking for beta on the couloirs on the NE face of the Vice President.

Thanks!
Read more : bivouac.com worthwhile? | Views : 2738 | Replies : 6

Annual Mountaineering Stats for DNP

The Annual Mountaineering Summary for Denali N/P has not been issued yet for 2009, probably due to the retirement of Daryl Miller. It usually comes out in February. I hope they continue that tradition. I always enjoy reading the new climbing accomplishments and stats for the previous year.

http://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/summaryreports.htm
Read more : Annual Mountaineering Stats for DNP | Views : 2546 | Replies : 4

Alaska advice needed

I'm going to Denali until June 4, 2010 (this is a tentative fly-out date from the Kahiltna BC). After that, I would still have 10 days left in Alaska, and no exact plans yet. Thought of going to the Wrangell range, but not sure that 10 days is sufficient for climbing there.

Any advice what to do? I'll be alone for those 10 days, is there anybody who would like to join me on a ...
Read more : Alaska advice needed | Views : 4023 | Replies : 9

Denali Advice - Ski boots...

Headed to Denali starting the middle of May. Looking to take my BC Touring skis and skins for the trek up to 11k, then stash them. My concern is that they are currently mounted with 3-pins, and my only 3 pin boots are a pair of Rossi BCX11's (Leather).

Is it warm enough on the lower mountain to ski this set up to 11k camp? I may add some Vapor Barrier socks with expedition weight ...
Read more : Denali Advice - Ski boots... | Views : 2188 | Replies : 2

Ruth Gorge

My climbing partner for my trip to the ruth can't go anymore. My trip dates are May 14-23. If anyone is seriously interested send me a PM and I can share more details. I figure this may be a chance to meet a new climbing partner.
Read more : Ruth Gorge | Views : 1679 | Replies : 0

Alaska rescue

Read more : Alaska rescue | Views : 2975 | Replies : 1

Mount Outram Snowshoe

I am planning a day trip to Mt. Outram at Manning Park in March and would like to know if anyone has done it recently and know what the condition is like this time of the year (snow condition, avalanche risk etc).

Thanks!
Johnny
Read more : Mount Outram Snowshoe | Views : 1800 | Replies : 0

Mountain Trip Guides-Denali

Anyone climb Denali with them ? Thoughts ? Would you go with them again?
Read more : Mountain Trip Guides-Denali | Views : 2879 | Replies : 4

Slipstream

Slipstream has been climbed twice in the last few weeks. First by a guided (!) party to the end of the last WI4 pitch, who then put in 15 v-threads to get off. The second team went to the summit after a bivy in an ice cave atop the last waterfall pitch. The last two pitches were the psych crux of the route: 200 feet of loose, unconsolidated snow, then an overhanging cornice with mostly ...
Read more : Slipstream | Views : 4230 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557978 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136478