It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:32 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Current Eastern Sierra Condtions

Anyone have any recent pictures of the eastern Sierra, particularly Lone Pine Peak?
Read more : Current Eastern Sierra Condtions | Views : 2443 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Mt. Washington on 12/30

I am planning to climb Mt. Washington via the Lion Head Winter Route on December 30. If the weather on Mt. Washington looks too nasty, my back-up will be the Old Bridle Path on Mt. Lafayette. If you are totally self-sufficient and want to come along, let me know.
Read more : Mt. Washington on 12/30 | Views : 3039 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

casaval ridge this week?

Casaval this week? My partner flaked. I'd like to leave tuesday and do a 2 (or 3) day trip maybe summit new years morning!? If no takers I'm down for ice at lee vining/whatever.I have the whole week off. I want to get out before I have to start work. Pm me
Read more : casaval ridge this week? | Views : 2505 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Gold Camp Road Conditions? Looking for Snowshoeing Spot

Has anybody been up Gold Camp Road lately? I'm looking for a place close to town to go snowshoeing.

Thanks
Read more : Gold Camp Road Conditions? Looking for Snowshoeing Spot | Views : 1029 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Colorado

shasta, mt morrison, mt whitney backcountry skiing

anyone have recent conditions on shasta for:

1: climbing casaval ridge.... is there good snow coverage? or icy? etc?

and

2: backcountry skiing avy gulch...is the snow hard, icy, etc from avy gulch back to the bunny flats parking lot.

thinking about drivng up there possibly next week for some of both...

anyone have (relatively) current snow conditions for skiing the gullies behind mt morrison and mt whitneys upper boyscout lake? how about MR gully ...
Read more : shasta, mt morrison, mt whitney backcountry skiing | Views : 4096 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

New Outdoor Meetup Group

Hello Everyone!

There is a new outdoor meetup group that just started called the Colorado Springs Outdoor Explorers! I realize this should be posted in the PnP section (which it is also) but I figured this is region specific. The group focuses on bringing like minded people together in the the sports of hiking, backpacking, exploring, mountaineering, etc. This is a great place to find partners for the outdoors as well as these great forums. ...
Read more : New Outdoor Meetup Group | Views : 1146 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

How is the skiing?

Hi, I am thinking of going skiing in Colorado in January. How is the snow this year? I have seen from reports that generally snow bases are low and its quite cold but is it that bad?

I am am going with a few non skiers among us skiers so I was considering the main resorts. Any reccomendations in regards to conditions? (I have been to the most common, Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone and Breckenridge) ...
Read more : How is the skiing? | Views : 6141 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Colorado

Mt Rainier <WINTER>

Im looking for some advice or beta from persons who have climbed Rainier in the winter via Gib Ledges.

Though I've never climbed Rainier berfore, I have climbed nearly all of the prominent Cascade Volcanoes and have done Shasta many times before. I have also climbed in Chile during the winter so gear is not an issue. I have extensive knowledge and know-how of a 3:1 and am on SAR as well; crevasse rescue is ...
Read more : Mt Rainier <WINTER> | Views : 4962 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Relocating to Rochester, NY - trails/hills/training ground?

Hoping someone can point us to some areas in/around the greater Rochester area that has some fairly steep hills/stairs sufficient for training for a climb? Also looking for some area trails good for after work and and weekend hiking? Thank you in advance! Graham

Relocating to Rochester, NY - trails/hills/training ground?

Hoping someone can point us to some areas in/around the greater Rochester area that has some fairly steep hills/stairs sufficient for training for a climb? Also looking for some area trails good for after work and and weekend hiking? Thank you in advance! Graham

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459