Do You Climb Naked?

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
dan2see

by dan2see » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:55 am

I love the sun and the wind on my body.

Visiting a mountain seems -- I don't know -- wussy, when all covered up.
The summit dance is an exaltation of the sky, the rock, and you. You can't improve it by covering up.

CClaude

by CClaude » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:21 pm

good thing this is not a continuation of the Visualization and Climbing thread.

We've joked that what would be worse is a stemming route with a thong if the climber was a guy (after a recent article in one of the climbing rags)

but I guess an offwidth would be worse. (hmmm,,,,...... arm barring,... :oops: )

dan2see

by dan2see » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:33 pm

CClaude wrote:good thing this is not a continuation of the Visualization and Climbing thread.

We've joked that what would be worse is a stemming route with a thong if the climber was a guy (after a recent article in one of the climbing rags)

but I guess an offwidth would be worse. (hmmm,,,,...... arm barring,... :oops: )

See how folks always talk about other folks --
If it's a girl naked: woo-hoo
If it's a guy naked: yuk-oh

Hey! the OP is "Do You Climb Naked?"
So you guys can claim that you never have, never will, never want to -- in which case you should shut up and let those who can do it, do it properly.

I think you guys get this stereotyped response from TV? I donno, I didn't learn that from high school. Or climbing school.

CarrotPaloma

by CarrotPaloma » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Ooooooh, I really want to try this out! I think it's wonderful to be "natural" in nature. And I love it when I see others do it too! I've never heard anyone complain.

CClaude

by CClaude » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:47 pm

dan2see wrote:
CClaude wrote:good thing this is not a continuation of the Visualization and Climbing thread.

See how folks always talk about other folks --
If it's a girl naked: woo-hoo
If it's a guy naked: yuk-oh

Hey! the OP is "Do You Climb Naked?"
So you guys can claim that you never have, never will, never want to -- in which case you should shut up and let those who can do it, do it properly.

I think you guys get this stereotyped response from TV? I donno, I didn't learn that from high school. Or climbing school.

Personally I don't think there is a woman on this site (nor any guys) who would want to see me doing a stemming route (or an offwidth) in a thong........ since that would just be :shock:

dan2see

by dan2see » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:26 pm

CClaude wrote:Personally I don't think there is a woman on this site (nor any guys) who would want to see me doing a stemming route (or an offwidth) in a thong........ since that would just be :shock:

That's not the question. The OP did not ask your opinion about the women's opinion. The OP asks, "Do You Climb Naked"?

Buncha wusses.

CarrotPaloma

by CarrotPaloma » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:35 pm

goldenhopper wrote:
CarrotPaloma wrote:Ooooooh, I really want to try this out! I think it's wonderful to be "natural" in nature. And I love it when I see others do it too! I've never heard anyone complain.

Carrot, where you been baby doll?

Oh Hop honey, I've been having some --ahem -- surgery done, if you know what I mean! It's a tough business you know... have to stay up with the Jones'. But let's not talk about me, honey, but YOU! Wow! You are looking might fine these days! Have you been working out with those ab machines Sugar?

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 pm

snowflake wrote:Best thing about naked climbing is that I can self-arrest without an ice-axe.

One of the best posts ever on this site.

woodsxc

by woodsxc » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 pm

I've been known to run naked.

Climb naked? Not good enough at climbing while clothed to do it naked. Yet.

snowflake

by snowflake » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Luciano136 wrote:
snowflake wrote:BTW, the profile photo is K2 North Ridge ABC, and it was VERY cold.

So much for an ice axe eh :D

You under-estimate me.
:wink:

Sierra Ledge Rat

by Sierra Ledge Rat » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:30 am

I've been caving naked, does that count?

teamzepher

by teamzepher » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:12 am

Haven't ever climbed naked but on the last trip (September 09) to the Palisades I ended up hanging out naked amongst the boulder field below the glacier for about an hour. Really relaxing and freeing and didn't see a single person on the whole journey from 4th Lake.

teamzepher

by teamzepher » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:17 am

Haven't ever climbed naked but on the last trip (September 09) to the Palisades I ended up hanging out naked amongst the boulder field below the glacier for about an hour. Really relaxing and freeing and didn't see a single person on the whole journey from 4th Lake.

dan2see

by dan2see » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:46 am

On summer days, I usually de-layer stuff until it's all in my backpack (or in a cache at treeline) so half the summits I've reached, I've done my summit dance naked. I think it's a big deal! I have to be selective, though, because a big slabby slope is merciless.

The other half of those summits are in winter -- I may be crazy, but I ain't stupid!

SkydiveKen

by SkydiveKen » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:33 pm

You get to the top of a mountain and there is someone naked on it. What would you do?

Pretend not to notice sign the register and leave.

Hope they didn't see you and wait for them to leave.

Admonish them for being so indiscreet.

Ask if they will take a picture of you on the summit.

Take their picture.

Decide it is a good idea and join in.

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander