Mts of East Central and SE Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Proterra

Re: East Central Europe

by Proterra » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:42 pm

visentin wrote:As for a new South-East-Central Europe thread, I think it makes no point. Here is the Wild-East thread, readable in English as Sjarelkwint well underlined, and that's all ! :D

I suppose Jacek wants to keep the hooligans out of the wild-east thread...
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it.

The following user would like to thank Proterra for this post
yatsek

Proterra

by Proterra » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Here you go, dear Jacek...

Baltic/North Sea Basin team

Time to go now. Got to spend some quality time with the girlfriend of my neighbour... :mrgreen:
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it.

The following user would like to thank Proterra for this post
yatsek

yatsek

by yatsek » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Prettiest bit of Giant Mts

Andreea in Apuseni

andreeacorodeanu wrote:Thanks Jacek! And my pics with chamois also:

http://www.summitpost.org/romanian-chamois/804510

yatsek

Re: Mts of East Central Europe (Carpathians & Bohemian Massi

by yatsek » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:25 pm

visentin

by visentin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Thanks for working on my page... I may transform Broumovské into an area as well to keep it coherent.

Otherwise I protest against the thread title change. You close the door to many interesting posts !

yatsek

by yatsek » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:44 pm

visentin wrote:Thanks for working on my page... I may transform Broumovské into an area as well to keep it coherent.

Thanks for making me visit the Broumov Walls in the end :D I'd never been there before. But Koruna in your photo made me wonder.
visentin wrote:Otherwise I protest against the thread title change. You close the door to many interesting posts !

Well, the door may be closed but it's not locked :wink: But I do think a separate Balkans thread - in English - is needed. If I were more mobile, I'd open it myself. And you're just back from Croatia, and there are more Polish/Hungarian/Romanian SP'ers interested in the Balkans, and it seems that only Kamil speaks some Serbian so he can participate in the "former Yugoslavia" thread.

visentin

by visentin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:49 pm

yatsek wrote:Thanks for making me visit the Broumov Walls in the end :D I'd never been there before. But Koruna in your photo made me wonder.

Have you been really there ?
yatsek wrote:Well, the door may be closed but it's not locked :wink: But I do think a separate Balkans thread - in English - is needed. If I were more mobile, I'd open it myself. And you're just back from Croatia, and there are more Polish/Hungarian/Romanian SP'ers interested in the Balkans, and it seems that only Kamil speaks some Serbian so he can participate in the "former Yugoslavia" thread.

I disagree 100%. We're not so many on SP, we're actually less and less I have the feeling. Anyone noticed ? (the speed issue from the last months is surely for something in it). Mountains of SE always have fascinated mountaineers of NE, countless Poles, Czech, and so on drive south to visit something a bit else. Kamil is the best ambassador of these people. And people from SE Europe keen in mountaineering often push the exploration until our Tatras.
I think there is something positive shared by all eastern countries connected to the "mountaineering culture", that I don't find in my home mountains aseptized by individualism and service-to-customer oriented relationship. Been recently in a mountain hut in Croatia, and the way it was decorated and venerated, the magic inside, the way people behave, everything reminded me very much about the Tatras huts, something a bit like the PTTK culture. A kind magic that pulls young people to the mountains for the simple reason they're fascinated by them. In France, young people want to ski, to paraglide, to rock-climb, otherwise why the hell going to tops of mountains, only retired people hike ! I don't know if you see what I mean. For all these reasons I think this thread should remain as it was. It's more than a geography, it's a matter of mountain culture and from this point of view it makes one entity.
Last edited by visentin on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

yatsek

by yatsek » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:07 am

visentin wrote:
yatsek wrote:Thanks for making me visit the Broumov Walls in the end :D I'd never been there before. But Koruna in your photo made me wonder.

Have you been really there ?

Have a look at my latest SP photos.
visentin wrote:
yatsek wrote:Well, the door may be closed but it's not locked :wink: But I do think a separate Balkans thread - in English - is needed. If I were more mobile, I'd open it myself. And you're just back from Croatia, and there are more Polish/Hungarian/Romanian SP'ers interested in the Balkans, and it seems that only Kamil speaks some Serbian so he can participate in the "former Yugoslavia" thread.

I disagree 100%. We're not so many on SP, we're actually less and less I have the feeling. Anyone noticed ? (the speed issue from the last months is surely for something in it). Mountains of SE always have fascinated mountaineers of NE, countless Poles, Czech, and so on drive south to visit something a bit else. Kamil is the best ambassador of these people. And people from SE Europe keen in mountaineering often push the exploration until our Tatras.
I think there is something positive shared by all eastern countries connected to the "mountaineering culture", that I don't find in my home mountains aseptized by individualism and service-to-customer oriented relationship. Been recently in a mountain hut in Croatia, and the way it was decorated and venerated, the magic inside, the way people behave, everything reminded me very much about the Tatras huts, something a bit like the PTTK culture. A kind magic that pulls young people to the mountains for the simple reason they're fascinated by them. In France, young people want to ski, to paraglide, to rock-climb, otherwise why the hell going to tops of mountains, only retired people hike ! I don't know if you sea what I mean. For all these reasons I think this thread should remain as it was. It's more than a geography, it's a matter of mountain culture and from this point of view it makes one entity.

As you wish - the Balkans aka SE Europe included:

Last edited by yatsek on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

yatsek

Re: Mts of East Central and SE Europe

by yatsek » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:08 am

visentin

by visentin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 am

Andrea and Lodowy have a common point: always looking at the mountains instead of the photographer !

visentin

by visentin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 am

visentin

by visentin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:13 pm

yatsek

by yatsek » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 pm

yatsek

by yatsek » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:48 am