Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.68470°N / 50.76446°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 6135 ft / 1870 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Siyahdasht 2nd Huts



Introduction to Central Alborz Mountains


Mt Pil-e-Kooh is a great peak to climb if you are looking for a heavy one day program including summiteering, great forest views and magestic view of Caspian sea and Tonekabon town at the same time.
Though it's just 1870 meters high but takes about five hours or more to reach the top.
The summit is a semiflat area full of different kinds of trees and flowers. A piece of heaven at this point of Alborz.
Dimeroon, Portesar and siyabon are the most famous mountain areas located in the north of this mountain.

Route Information

Siyahdasht


The trekking route starts from a part of Dohezar road called Zir-e-Taleh. It's just a hundred meters after Tobon Wall. The starting point's elevation is 575 meters so to reach the summit you need to ascend about 1300 meters all in the green jungle route. After about two hours you get to Siyahdasht sheperd house at the elevation of 1180 meters and then the second Sheperd houses higher on the route.
The summit is located on the northwest of Siyahdasht. All the route is covered with bushes, grass and flowers almost all the year. Even in winter you see the ground a mixture of white and green!
Pil-e-Kooh route in no way is a place to be climbed without a local guide who knows the area very well. Even without any fog or darkness it's very easy to get lost in the endless jungles around.

Getting There

Pil-e-Kooh Start Point


Tehran--Getting to Chaloos by Karaj Chaloos road--Getting to Tonekabon from Chaloos--Going to Dohezar--Start trekking--Enjoy...


Red Tape

Rhinoceros


No red tapes.

Camping

Pil-e-Kooh nothern view


Anywhere, but Siyahdasht with its unique traditional life style would be a life time memory to stay for a night. The whole route is great for camping deep in the jungle.