Pyramid Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.02948°N / 120.5245°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1 Walkup
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview and Stats

The trailhead


This page will serve as the route page for Pyramid Mountain, Graham Mountain and Crow Hill. Essentially this is just a summer route to the the three summits. Along with the ten essentials and some stamina bring a camera. I shot over 150 pictures on this route. Keep in mind this is one of the highest trailheads in the state, so key a strong eye on the weather. At 6500 feet weather can be dramatically different than at sea level.

Statistics of the Route to Pyramid Mountain (and with Crow Hill option)
YDS Class 1 (the trail bushwacks to Crow Hill and Graham Mountain require no real scrambling)
Distance: 18 miles roundtrip (19 miles with Crow and Graham Hill)
Total Elevation Gain: 4200 feet (3000 up and 1200 back)
Crow and Graham Option Total: 4850 (300 up Graham and 350 up Crow Hill)
Time required in ideal conditions: 5-10 hours




Getting There

VIA THE PYRAMID MOUNTAIN TRAILHEAD: Starting from the city of Wenatchee you want to head up U.S. 97 to the town of Entiat. You want to make a left on the Entiat River road and take it 28 miles. Make a right on Forest Road 5900 and take it up 8.5 up to the top of ridge to an area called Shady Pass once up continue until you run into Service Road 113 which is a very rough service road. Take that road to the very end where the Pyramid Trail starts.

Route Description





Pyramid Mountain


This trip is an 18 mile roundtrip hike that goes up 3000 cumalative feet and down 1200 culative feet just to Pyramid Mountain. Granted it is one of the easiest 18 miles you will ever encounter while bagging 7000 and 8000 foot summit in the Cascades. The trail is completely a simple walk up when snowfree (August and September) and has no steep angles or exposure. On average it should take 5-10 hours (5-7 in shape and avid hiker) (8-10 moderate hiker) to complete loop hike. The trail itself side traverses two other named peaks in Crow Hill and Graham Mountain. Each are attainable via a simple off trail bushwhack. The two trail that should be followed are Trail 1433 (6 miles) and Trail 1441 (3 miles). Both are presently in very good shape and trail crews are actually improving them as this page is being written. If you are willing to endure some ups and down I can't think of better summit to go to during August and September.

Pyramid Mountain


The side bushwacks up to Crow Hill and Graham Mountain are of the none scrambling variety. Just head up the dirt slope to the cairned summits of each. Crow Hill is a the first larger summit from the trail and is about 1 1/2 miles into the hike while Graham Mountain is roughly 4 1/2 miles into the hike.

Looking at Crow Hill

Essential Gear

If come here during ideal times in August and September you only need your ten essentials. This is truely one of the better Cascade trail in terms of angles. Trekking poles not required, especially if you are just going to Pyramid Mountain.

External Links

Here is a link to the best trip reports on Pyramid Mountain and other hikes in the Cascades

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.