Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.71826°N / 112.42725°W
Additional Information County: Millard
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Elevation: 8003 ft / 2439 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This a long-ridged mountain in the northwest section of the Southern Pahvant Mountains. There are no trails to the top and a good deal of scrub oak block easy passage to the summit.

Getting There

From Richfield, drive west on I-70 to Exit 7, which is the western intersection of I-70 and Clear Creek Canyon Road (28.8 miles). Turn right (East) and drive 1.2 miles. Turn left onto FR106/Pavant Corn Creek Road and drive 10.2 miles. Sharp turn left onto FR108 toward Bull Valley, but stop after about 0.2 miles.

Route

Follow the faint trail on the map (or see satellite image). This will take you about 1/3 of the way up the peak. As it peters out, simply continue up the slope through and around scrub oak patches to the summit. This can be combined with a trip over to South Mountain, which is an additional mile away.

Round-trip Distance: 3.5 miles

Elevation Gain: 1300

Red Tape

The peak is in the Fishlake National Forest. Practice Leave No Trace ethics as best as you can.

When to Climb

Year-round is possible though snow travel would be required for an additional 10 or so miles to get to the peak in winter. Spring through fall are the best times.

Camping

There are many primitive sites throughout this mountain range. Castle Rock Campground south of Fremont Indian State Park is one of the closest developed campgrounds.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pahvant MountainsMountains & Rocks