Rysy, Tatra Mountains

Rysy, Tatra Mountains

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 49.18639°N / 20.08330°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 8, 2018
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

Add Heading Here

Together with a group of friends, we climbed Rysy Mountain in September. We chose September because climbing Rysy Peak in the high season (June-August) is difficult - the highest mountain in Poland is very popular among hikers.

We started our trip at Palenica Białczańska parking near Zakopane. We hiked on a red trail leading firstly to Morskie Oko Lake. Unfortunately, it's an asphalt road which leads to the lake but we hurried and soon we reached Morskie Oko. Then it became fun :)

The trail got more interesting, as did the views. On our way, we passed Czarny Staw Pod Rysami Lake - another beautiful spot. The trail got steep and rocky. Soon there were chains and a little bit of climbing was needed.

We got to Rysy Peak after several hours from the trailhead. There were a lot of other hikers but the views were fantastic. We were happy and proud of ourselves.

We hiked down to Strebske Pleso in Slovakia. The red trail was a bit tricky to hike because it started raining - hiking boots are necessary in High Tatras. Then we entered green terrain and the blue trail started.

The Slovak route is longer but easier.

For more details about Rysy trails and practical info about the Tatra Mountains, see this article.



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

RysyTrip Reports