Silberpfennig

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.08913°N / 13.04152°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 8530 ft / 2600 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

In winter/spring a nice but not overcrowded mountain in the Goldberg Group (due to higher mountains like Hoher Sonnblick and/or Hocharn). Ski ascent either from Kolm Saigurn or Kleiner Silberpfennig from Sportgastein.

SilberpfennigSilberpfennig from Kolmkarspitz

Getting There

Kolm Saigurn


Herzog Ernst can be climbed from Kolm Saigurn (Rauris Valley) either directly from the parking lot Lenzanger or from Kolm Saigurn via Durchgangalm - Bockhartscharte (Pochhartscharte) - Baukarlscharte changing to the north side of Silberpfennig - follow the last meters of the WNW ridge to the summit of Silberpfennig.

en route to Durchgangalmnear Durchgangalm
Durchgangalm (Silberpfennig)Durchgangalm
near Filzenkar (Silberpfennig)Filzenkar
Silberpfennignear Bockhartscharte
Silberpfennig SummitSilberpfennig Summit


Gasteiner Tal


Ski ascent (in spring !!) via Unterer Bockhartsee (Pochhartsee) - Miesbichlscharte to Kleiner Silberpfennig (2510m) (13.05688 E, 47.08872 N)

Summitview

Schareck (from Silberpfennig)Schareck (North Face) - from Silberpfennig

Red Tape

A part of the ascent from Kolm Saigurn is located within the Hohe Tauern National Park. No fees accept toll roads to Kolm Saigurn or Sportgastein.

When To Climb

The mountain can be climbed nearly all over the year.
For ski touring the best months are March to May/June - be aware of avalange danger (especially between Bockhartscharte and Baukarlscharte.

Descending SilberpfennigDescending Silberpfennig
Descending from BaukarlscharteDescending from Baukarlscharte



In summer the best months for hikers are July to September/October.

Accommodation

information at the Goldberg Group Page

Ammererhof - Kolm Saigurn (Goldberg Group)Ammererhof
Naturfreundehaus Kolm SaigurnNaturfreundhaus

Maps and Guidebooks

information at the Goldberg Group Page

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Goldberg GroupMountains & Rocks