South slopes/Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 51.08196°N / 115.41687°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Canmore, Alberta take the Spray Lakes road past the dam, the Nordik Centre, through Whitemans gap and park in the Goat Creek parking lot. This is easily found and is signed. It is about a 15-20 minute drive from the centre of Canmore. From the parking walk back up the road and look for a well trodden route up to the left just past the second telephone pole. The Scrambles book mentions just past the "Bow Crow Forest" sign but it no longer exists. You will not miss the trail. It is an obvious one.

Route Description



Wind your way through the obvious swichback tail through the woods. Once you break out above the tree line follow the slopes up to the ridge line. There is a well defined trail here so you cannot get lost. Follow the ridge up to the summit. Here you will have a very brief scramble to a nice flat area with a crairn on top. Excellent view of the surrounding area.

Essential Gear


Nothing more than good kiking shoes in the summer. In more wintery conditions, boots crampons and ice axe might come in handly. Dress for the mountains with warm clothes, and wind or rain shell tucked away.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.