Southwest Slopes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.41337°N / 115.65885°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Danskin Peak Approach

The south slopes of Danskin Peak provide some of the best, easy access, early season hiking in the area. The south slopes are often snow free due to the intense sun and heat captured in this area. This is in stark contrast to the north slopes of Danskin where snow lingers by the feet.

Southwest Slopes Rib (Class 2)- from an area just north of upper Crown Creek, park at the end of an obvious dirt road on a small hill.  Scramble past the rock formations either up the steep southwest ridge, or the open slopes.  Bypass several small cliff bands including a prominent one on the summit ridge. The mileage of the route can vary, depending on how close you can park (mud, snow etc.). This approach provides the least driving.

From the dirt parking area SW of the peak: 3.0 miles and 2169 feet gain (one way)

Last Winter Snow on Danskin




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.