Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.79160°N / 13.26960°E
Additional Information Elevation: 7506 ft / 2288 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


The Stagor is a mountain that isn't as famous as his neighbours in the same group as Kreuzeck, Salzkofel, Hochkreuz and Pollinik. It's situated in the south of the Kreuzeckgroup, and gives a beautiful view towards the complete Drautal. It's a mountain that is perfect for a climb-in while your starting a mountain holliday.
There is a very easy route if you go from Radlberg (East- side) (where you can drive to, if you have a key), it takes around 2h1/2 to get from there to the Stagor summit. It's a very slight going up path that is very good marked. How to get the key is quiete simple, you just have to ask the local people in the farmers village Steinfeld how has the key for the moment and they will show you where you have to be. It's possible that you have to pay 5 Euro to get it. But that is just a small price if you can drive that far up to the mountain. Nearly up till 1800meters.
There are ofcourse more demanding routes where you can need some experience. (south-side) The route from the village (Steinfeld) itself is a very long and demanding route, the last 300 hight meters are the most difficult. But on that part of the way are on some parts permanent rope, to secure yourself.
You can also go to the summit while you're on a trekking in the Kreuzeckgroup, from the Salzkofel hütte is there a way to the summit but that is the a very long and sometimes demanding route.
Each of this routes are not overloaded with people, it's possible that you see nobody on the way up and down.

Getting There


The mountain is situated in the South/East part of the Kreuzeckgroup, in the north of Steinfeld.

How to get in Steinfeld :

  • By Car :

    If you're driving on the highway Salzburg/Villach you have to take the exit M"illstatt,Lendorf,Lienz." (that's on the north of Spittal) From there you follow the way to Lienz. Just be aware the you have to drive through the Drautal so don't take the way that goes through the Molltal. Just follow the markes with the route number 100. You'll drive through a little tunnel and 20 km later your at Steinfeld.

  • By train :

    Just take the IC train to Spittal, from there it goes it goes on a little locale train till Steinfeld. (Just take the train Spittal toward Lienz)


    Red Tape


    No Red Tape

    When To Climb


    From Spring till Autumn, in winter it can be done but only for experience mountaineers or Alpinists.

    Camping


    There is a camping in Steinfeld on the feet of the Stagor. (beautiful picture place). It's on the Mitterberg, how to get there : once your on the mainway nr.100 you'll see the markes in the village. Firts you'll drive to the church and from there it goes up till the camping place.
    The camping is named Camping Bergfried. (Just klik the link for more info)


  • Children

    Children

    Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

    Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

    Kreuzeck GROUPMountains & Rocks