Swanson Brothers' Annual Kings Peak Run Pictures

Swanson Brothers' Annual Kings Peak Run Pictures

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Skiing

The Swansons' Tour, 3/25/06

It looks like it was the Swansons' 33rd ski run to Kings Peak, the high point of Utah?. The tally for this year is 30 skiers took part, and 8 reached the top. Very good SP representation among the summiters this time! Joe Bullough, and Grizz the mtn_runr, and myself, made it to the top in about 9 hours, while fowweezer got skunked by gear problems.

The last skiers made it back to the TH by 11 pm, and back to Salt Lake City by 4 am, it was a slow drive since the fierce overnight snowstorm made road travel very challenging.

Now that Joseph, and Grizz, and myself uploaded a small bundle of pictures, I put them together into a TR. More pictures, comments and tidbits are always welcome!

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
nebben

nebben - Mar 26, 2006 8:18 pm - Voted 10/10

HOo AAA!

Did you guys end up getting snowed on in Henrys Fork on the way out? Good looking trip! I was wondering how it was all going up there while sitting my yard in SLC, being blown around in ~30mph breezes at times.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Mar 26, 2006 10:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Snowed on?

Not in Henrys, it was just blowing real hard and moving lots of snow along. It didn't start snowing there until almost midnight.

But the drive back over Parleys was something special! Crawling in the dark with headlights off and blinkers on, 'cause it was totally impossible to see the lanes in the blinding swirl of snow.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.