Teton Crest Trail

Teton Crest Trail

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Mother Natures own floral shop

The Teton Crest trail is one of those trails you hike that will leave an amazing impression on you. These impression can come from the awesome views of the Tetons; or from the amount of wildlife you see. But for me, the greatest impression came from the wild flowers. The amount, the size, the colors and the smells blew my mind! None of my backpacking trips before have I ever seen wild flowers like I saw on the Teton Crest Trail.

Alaska Basin



Teton Crest Trail



Teton Crest Trail





Better views from the west

Its funny to me to see the amount of people that pull off from the main road in Grand Teton National Park to take pictures of the Tetons. Boy are they missing out! The Teton Crest Trail give you a whole new perspective on the Teton Range. Starting from the Teton Village tram and heading north on the trails gives you astonishing views of the range and you are always looking at them. For me, it was coming to the top of Hurricane Pass that gave me the greatest sense of the size and granduer of the Tetons.

Hurricane Pass



Grand, Middle, South



Grand Teton



The Grand

Wildlife

Bull Moose



Weasel?



Deer



Teton Crest Trail


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
imontop

imontop - Aug 29, 2010 12:51 am - Voted 10/10

Great album!

I'm extreeeeeeemly jealous! You took some great pictures. Nice job my friend.

Garfimi

Garfimi - Aug 29, 2010 2:08 am - Hasn't voted

Too kind...

I don't know how I really feel about this album. I have a ton more pictures, and I've had thoughts of posting a trip report. Who knows? Thanks again.

mike_lindacher

mike_lindacher - Aug 6, 2013 11:42 am - Voted 10/10

nice post

just completed my 2nd traverse of the crest trail last week. i agree on all counts, this has to be one of - if not the - best 4 day backpacking trips in the u.s.. the route north down hurricane pass is straight bliss.

Garfimi

Garfimi - Jun 11, 2014 2:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: nice post

I went again last year. It did not let me down. I would agree with you on Hurricane Pass. Unreal views of the Cathedral Group and amazing trail from South Fork Cascade Canyon out to Jenny Lake.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.