The Low Beskid (Beskid Niski)

The Low Beskid (Beskid Niski)

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Wildlife, Flora, Scenery

The Low Beskid

The Low Beskid (Beskid Niski)
View of the Low Beskid from Mount Dział Overlook in Czarnorzeki
 View of the Low Beskid from Mount Dział Overlook in Czarnorzeki




The Low Beskid is a part of Carpathian Mountain Range and it lies within the territory of two countries: Poland and Slovakia. In Poland, Low Beskid stretches across the southern border and neighbors with Bieszczady Mountains on its east side and Sadecki Beskid on the west side.
The highest summits in the range do not exceed 1000 meters. The lowest pass called Dukielska Pass is at elevation of just 500 meters.
The Low Beskid is known for its lush forests and mineral waters. It is a home to four spas.
Magurski National Park is located in the heart of The Low Beskid.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
visentin

visentin - Jul 6, 2010 6:39 am - Voted 10/10

modification

Hello Henryk,
Perhaps you could turn this album into an area page, as well as Beskid Sadecki ? (just edit it and change the type into "area"). Some other members like Yatsek and me are willing to improve the structure of the Carpathians and we need an area for Beskid Niski and Beskid Sadecki.
If the content needs to be improved to put more practical information, and if you don't have time for it, we can help.
Thanks !
Eric

ojo - Dec 30, 2010 10:34 am - Voted 10/10

I agree with ...

...Eric. Lovely album and enough material and info to create an "area" page... if you've not done that already. Happy N Year. jane.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2