Traversing Grohotiş mountains

Traversing Grohotiş mountains

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Grohotiş mountains are wild and with beautiful views: to the north Ciucaş, west Neamţului, Baiului, Bucegi, Piatra Mare and even a small part from Piatra Craiului, in the east Siriu mountains and Buzăului, to the south the hills and forests to Doftana Valley. The highest peak is Grohotiş 1768m.
We traverse the ridge from north to south starting from Cheia, near hotel Zăganu pass a small bridge and the path from the left through the forest that is unmarked. In the right it is the mark route with blue triangle through Cheile Cheiţei. Till the peak Babeş from where will start something like a road for carts, it’s a bit tricky, we got lost for a while. Then we kept the line ridge. First day we hiked till Grohotiş peak and placed the tent under the peak (also are so many sheep shelters where you will be safe from wild animals).
Grohotiş map with our routeOur route

Second day we hiked from Grohotiş till Valea (Valley) Doftana and took us about 7 hours without hurry and stoping for many times to see on the map where we are. On the map are mark signs but on the all ridge is not even one.
When we arrive to Clăbucetul sheep shelters we wanted to take a shortcut in the right but two hunters told us to keep the road till Valea Doftana cause is safer and better, even that is longer. When they saw us with big backpacks they thought that we have a wild pig in it lol, so its obvious that not so many tourists go there.

In these mountains you can have the chance to see deers, bears, wild pigs and even wolves. We saw just footprints. Also here I saw the most many sheep shelters that I have ever seen in other places. I think it was one at every 5 min.

For me it is the kind of the mountain that you go just for one time but if someday I will return for sure I will do it biking.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Oct 26, 2010 1:30 pm - Voted 10/10

A beautiful album,

All it needs is a "Primary Image"

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Oct 26, 2010 1:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A beautiful album,

Thank you Marc, Im still working on it :) but now it have :D.

EricChu

EricChu - Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Brava!

A marvelous album you posted, Andreea! Must have been a great time you had!
Many greetings,
Eric

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Oct 26, 2010 3:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Brava!

Thanks a lot Eric :). Yes we had two great sunny days that let us to enjoy the views. Even that this mountains are small still give you many moments to remember and sleeping in a tent out there its a brave thing hahahahah. Cheers Eric!

visentin

visentin - Oct 27, 2010 3:48 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Brava!

Another Eric is congratulating you again after Facebook ;)

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Oct 27, 2010 4:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Brava!

Hahahahahaha, thanks the other Eric :D!!!!!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6