Viewing: 1-7 of 7
JoelSkok

JoelSkok - Oct 1, 2015 10:27 am - Voted 10/10

Glad you enjoyed the trip

Any kind of walking is wonderful but you simply can't beat the views from a trail in the mountains. good for you, keep it up!

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Oct 1, 2015 12:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Keep at it

Kudos for posting the report/pics and making the effort! Any hike is better than sitting at home and it looks like you got some awesome views.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Oct 1, 2015 1:37 pm - Voted 10/10

More power to you

It's not how fast you move in the mountains, it's more being there and giving it all and you have done both of those.
More power to you Bear Queen.

scramblingbadger

scramblingbadger - Oct 1, 2015 2:13 pm - Voted 10/10

The best things are worth fighting for

It's really great to hear about your hike, especially given the great difficulties you have in accomplishing any hike. My wife especially understands what you are going through. She has multiple sclerosis and each year the disease further diminishes her capabilities. We do like you, and keep a list of hikes that she can handle, depending on how she is doing each day. To help others in our area (the Black Hills), we are almost done developing a Black Hills hiking website geared more for easy-to-intermediate hikes. We hope this will help not only those with MS and other debilitating diseases, but also senior citizens, moms with little kids or anyone else who needs something in their range. It is great to hear your offer to help others with limitations. No good thing is ever accomplished easily. Stay with it and you will be glad you did. Prayers for you Bear Queen.

surgent

surgent - Oct 2, 2015 1:22 pm - Voted 10/10

You really are an inspiration

I hate to use such over-used phrases, but it applies here. My wife, who was a monster hiker in her day, has been felled by arthritis and torticollis in recent years. She longs for the mountains and trails. Seeing that you keep to it, despite the pain, is encouraging.

Jarpup

Jarpup - Oct 2, 2015 10:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Rock on!

Keep it up!!

little black dog

little black dog - Oct 7, 2015 7:13 am - Voted 10/10

great read

All power to yer elbow BearQueen. Keep it up.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'The Struggling Bear on Blowout Mountain' main page